The St. Louis Child Abuse & Neglect Network promotes advocacy, education and networking to improve the lives of children and families who have been impacted by abuse or neglect and to strengthen families to prevent child abuse or neglect.
- Provide education and networking opportunities for professionals and community organizations to improve the lives of children and families who are at risk of, or who have been impacted by abuse or neglect.
- Promote awareness of public, private and community organizations that provide resources to families at risk of abuse/neglect.
- Foster coordinated legislative and administrative advocacy on behalf of children.
- Affirm and celebrate individuals who go the extra mile for children who have been abused or neglected.
Improve your professional skills in working with children and families and earn CE credits through quarterly training programs. See an archive of past training programs.
Stay tuned for our 2019 training dates and topics.
The annual Stepping Up for Kids Awards Luncheon celebrates the amazing stories of resource families and front-line agency staff who give outstanding service to children in foster and adoptive care. They work to ensure safe and supportive homes for these children who previously were abused and neglected, many of whom today continue to face behavioral and physical health issues. Click here to see photos and learn more about our honorees.
Each April, STLCANN teams up with organizations and individuals across the metro area to raise awareness about child abuse/neglect, and to promote efforts to strengthen families – the best way to prevent abuse/neglect. Child Abuse Prevention Month has been held annually nationally since 1982. Our April activities include:
- Displaying child abuse prevention yard signs across the community
- Holding a family resource fair targeting low-income, minority families
- Posting daily messages on Facebook and recognizing participating organizations
Learn More About STLCANN and Get Involved!
Contact Ruth Ehresman, STLCANN Coordinator, at 314-534-6015, email@example.com.
Join our E-News list. Receive “News You Can Use” each month with information about STLCANN events, advocacy issues and other community programs and trainings of interest to professionals in child welfare.