Agencies across the region are working together to promote child well-being in our area. Children are said to exhibit well-being if all of the following are met:
- They successfully attain all relevant and appropriate developmental milestones.
- They display capacities that we know are associated with future success. These capacities are both internal to the child (such as resiliency) and external to the child (such as a secure attachment).
- They are able to relate to themselves, their peers, and to the world around them as children.
In other words, child well-being means:
- They are growing and developing as kids their age should.
- They have what they need to be successful as adults.
- They are able to enjoy being kids.
Please look through the information on this site to learn more about child well-being. More information coming soon on how you can help promote child well-being in the region.