Join us for the Stepping Up for Kids Awards Luncheon

Stepping Up for Kids 2014

Register now Join us for the Stepping Up for Kids Awards Luncheon Friday, October 10, 2014, 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. ● Forest Park Golf Course Clubhouse Help recognize outstanding service by families and caseworkers in foster, adoptive and kinship care. Stepping Up for Kids awards will be presented to resource families and agency staff for their exceptional contributions. Join […]

Read more

Kids win! Children’s champions are honored by the Missouri Children’s Leadership Council

4698-web

While the 2014 Legislative session was unproductive in many ways, children benefited from several victories. On September 10 the Missouri Children’s Leadership Council recognized five Missouri Representatives as champions for children in 2014. Members of the Missouri Children’s Leadership Council presented the #Kidswin award to Representatives Sue Allen and Noel Torpey for their efforts to eliminate the waiting period for […]

Read more

Education & Economics Go Hand in Hand

NYT: A Simple Equation: More Education = More Income “We were the first out of the gate with high school, with coed education, with early access to college,” noted Professor Katz. “Something went wrong.” High school graduation rates in St. Louis city are hovering around 60%.  That leaves nearly 40% of kids without even the basic requirement for jobs in the […]

Read more

Are we hearing our youth?

In light of events happening in Ferguson, now is the time to restart the discussion about youth voice. It’s a term that gets tossed about frequently, but what does it really mean. In our discussions about creating strategic approaches to addressing the needs of youth, invariably someone mentions the need for youth voice. But let’s all ask ourselves this question, […]

Read more

Are you making a difference for kids in foster, adoptive, or kinship care?

Do you know a family or front-line staff making an outstanding difference for children in foster, adoptive or kinship care? Help give them the recognition they deserve by nominating them for the St. Louis Family & Community Partnership’s 2014 Stepping Up for Kids Award. The awardees will be honored at the Stepping Up for Kids Award Luncheon on Friday, October 10, 2014 at […]

Read more